Monday, August 07, 2006

jitterbugs

i'm almost afraid of putting down this little journey lest i jinx it... yet with my failing memory, i ought to start putting down the little dates so that when i look back, it's not a blur. so what the heck? let this journey begin!

July 2006
been trying for a few months already (though i wouldn't say we've been really hardworking!) and it's starting to worry us. with the previous m/c hovering over us, we're wondering if we're ever gonna get pregnant!

did my calculations... i should be about 2 days late this month because the previous months i was early... counting down to the days when my menses is due.

24th July
today would be the day my menses is due to arrive if it's not late. somehow getting very anxious and still no sign of it yet. bugged my hubby and we both decided to buy a test kit to see if we're lucky! a faint positive line appeared! we're secretly thrilled but decided to wait it out and not get our hopes too high...

26th july
still no sign of menses so just had to try testing again! another faint positive line.... so am i or am i not??? deep down inside, i know i should be but i'm terrified of losing my happiness... we tried to act normal and see a gynae next week.

28th july
yes, another test kit. this time round, we bought clearblue - the trusted brand. i looked at the result, stared hard at it, showed it to my hubby and asked - it's a POSITIVE positive right??? my eyes are not playing tricks on me eh? yes, we're officially pregnant. i grinned, my hubby grinned. but let's go see the gynae before anything else ya?

30th july
i started spotting. slight brownish discharge when i wiped. i feel myself getting clammy... not again i hope! i told my hubby and he looked worried too. i know it's not a good sign and wanted to bring up my appointment earlier. it's anagonising...

31st july
felt faint... instead of brownish, i had red discharge. horrors! changed my gynae appt to tomorrow instead. fingers all crossed. took plenty of rest.



1st august
went to see doc. saw the tiny little sac and was relieved!!! so tiny but really really precious... but doc says sac measures about 4 1/2 wks old only instead of our calculated 5 wks... heart sank a bit cos the other time, sac didn't grow. doc said next appt in 2 wks and should be able to see the little heartbeat by then. really worrying.

2nd august
went to temple to pray today... had a good divination lot! really put me in a good mood. =)

3rd august
still slight brownish discharge... monitoring...

5th august
my dear old friend announced her pregnancy!!! so happy for her... hope mine's gonna be ok so that i can break the news after the first trimester!

7th august
started this blog. no spotting today!!! countdown to next week's appt!

No comments: