Thursday, September 14, 2006

and time goes slowly by

it's still only... what? 11wks old?? man... this is really really a long wait. one more week to go before our OSCAR test (which costs a bloody $300!) and the final week of the first trimester. it means that once the test clears, i can "officially" announce to my friends. i feel really bad lying about my pregnancy when they ask "so how? you trying to have a baby?" and i go like "ya, trying, trying. slowly lah" my dear hubby has told me a zillion times to not spill the beans and knowing what i kpo i am, it's really agonising....

the past few weeks have been rather terrible. i mean, on one hand i'm elated about my baby, on the other, i'm plagued by permanent food problems. i'm a pig. i love my selective food. BUT since my pregnancy, my baby has taken over my whole taste system and turned it upside down. i no longer crave my or jian, carrot cake, curry, laksa, maggi mee etc... instead, i find myself eating soupy stuff. in fact, i can't decide what to eat everyday cos i don't feel like eating anything. nothing seems appetising. but i'm bloody hungry most times. and i get ragey when i don't get my food in time. and i have this permanent foul taste in my mouth whole day long. plus headaches. they call this nausea. and i had the cheek to say i wished i had nausea so that i know that i'm still pregnant. damn. my nausea has turned me into a monster. i'm grouchy all the time, i snap at my mum, i am lethargic when i'm with my friends... oh what fun it is to have whole day sickness!

oh, did i mention fluids yet?? i'm thirsty all the time but yet water puts me off. so does coke. or any of my old favourite drinks for that matter. i mean, i can still drink all those but they leave an awful taste after which i absolutely dislike. so there you have it - a dehydrated woman who doesn't like to drink anything.

so i guess it's not all sugar and spice with my pregnancy. one can't have your cake and eat it too huh? my buddy seems to be having a good time though. her tummy's showing slightly and she looks and feels good. she has no morning sickness and a hearty appetite!!! i want that to happen to me!! oh, plus she's having a boy. so she's gonna be one of those who will glow throughout her pregnancy... oh how great that'll be! i bet i'm gonna be those who waddle like a penguin and look like a puffed up ball. imagine me walking beside her. darn.

but but but... i still love my baby ya? i don't regret anything. i just wish the nausea will go away. peace... =)

No comments: